18 August 2017

The One With The Festival

Friends Fest

Location: Friends Fest, Heaton Park, Manchester

When my boyfriend Luke and I met (guy pictured above for any new readers out there 😉) one of the questions he asked me (I think it was a deal breaker) was, "Do you like Friends?". I paused for a moment and then responded something along the lines of "obviously, who doesn't like Friends?". Since then however, I've come to realise that not everybody does enjoy or has even watched the TV show (crazy people), and me and my boyfriend are somewhat a little bit obsessed. So, rewind back to 2016 and you can imagine our ANGUISH dear reader when we didn't manage to get our hands on last summer's Friends Fest tickets. I mean *Janice voice* oh my God an entire festival dedicated to the show... and we didn't have tickets. But do not despair! As this year, we did...😏

Vegas
Reenacting the one where they go to Vegas! 🎰
Friends Fest
Taxi Friends Fest

In true Manchester style we woke up to rain, what else is new? I must admit, the festival would have been a lot better if the organisers had accounted for rain as there wasn't much shelter and we were effectively in the centre of a giant muddy field, but we certainly didn't let it stop us from having fun. There were loads of opportunities for photos and I thought the staff were such good sports standing in the lashes of rain and taking photo after photo for visitors! As well as the small outdoor sets to dress up at and pose by, there was of course a Central Perk for you to get photos and warm up with a coffee at. Both myself and Luke have worked for Starbucks, although at separate times for different stores, so we knew we had to get a picture being baristas at one of the most famous coffee shops in the world. Unlike my over the top warm and welcoming attitude, Luke definitely mirrored his barista exterior - he's less tolerant over certain customers (for anyone who's worked as a barista before I'm sure you know the kind of customer I'm referring to). 😂

Central Perk
"I will never have to make coffee again!" ☕
Central Perk
Although not planned this way, this photograph reveals each of our true Starbucks' personas 😂
Joey & Chandler's Apartment
Joey & Chandler's Apartment 🎯
Joey & Chandler's Apartment
Joey & Chandler's Apartment
The Hall

After eating Mocholate flavoured crepes and enjoying burgers from Monica's Moondance Diner, it was time for our tour. I was extremely excited about this part of the day, mainly because it was an opportunity to get out of the torrential rain 🙃. The tour started with an intimate look at the famous costumes such as Ross' leather pants ("they're not coming off man!") and his holiday armadillo costume, to props such as Joey's Mac & C.H.E.E.S.E script and *that* VD poster. After having a peek around, it was time for the grand event: entering Joey and Chandler's apartment (could I BE any more excited?) which we took full advantage of; lounging on the Lazy Boy chairs; cuddling Hugsy and having a go at foosball in the kitchen. We even got into the canoe for some living room rowing before venturing out into the hall to head over to our neighbours. 

Monica & Rachel's Apartment
Monica & Rachel's Apartment 💐
Monica & Rachel's Apartment
Monica & Rachel's Apartment

Visiting Monica and Rachel's apartment was the final highlight of the day, it was so... purple. I couldn't believe how surreal it felt to be walking around the place I've seen hundreds (more like thousands) of times on my T.V screen. It was a great way to finish off the festival and definitely made up for all the mud and rain, and overall I really enjoyed the day. We left on a high full of food and carrying our bags of merchandise - Luke even treated me to a key ring and a Friends travel mug (boyfriend points yaaas). Have you been to Friends Fest this summer? Don't forget to share your thoughts in the comments below!

For tickets, venues and more about Friends Fest, 
head to the official website at www.friendsfest.co.uk
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Sweet Seven Five | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig